Portable Media Production / Streaming suite

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm a director of a charitable trust who have been given a grant to procure a mobile hardware and software platform to allow streaming of events and activities from our hub building, or other indoor / outdoor spaces in the town. The plan would be to allow groups to use / hire the equipment to broadcast events online, particularly during the pandemic - bingo, quizzes, meetings, etc.

The initial brief was to procure a flight case based solution that can be easily assembled / disassembled by semi-skilled operators (some system specific training) and provide a 2 camera mini portable TV studio and green screen, lighting, sound, mixing, etc with live streaming capabilities. The spec suggests 4K video, fluid head tripods, lav mikes, shotgun mics, LED lighting, a laptop, etc.

I have views on other elements of the brief (particularly the intended use!), but I'll leave it as per the brief for the moment.

Apart from one thing that personally I'd add to the brief.... My belief is that if we're procuring a "professional" media production system, then we would also want high spec desktop IT and storage to support not just live streaming, but media production capabilities within our hub - produce YouTube videos, recorded video output, etc. (my suspicion is that we'd be more likely to use the system for recorded content than live content, but a live capability is still required)

We've got a budget of around £17K

Where on earth do we start with something like this?!! Anyone able to provide suggestions, ideas, etc??

Any news? I'm curious to know what direction you're going in.

Back