Portable Studio Flash Set-up

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey team.

I'm getting into off-camera flash in a big way right now and have foolishly become hooked on the shots created by Zack Arias. In order to overcome the power limitations of battery powered flash I have been checking out this

http://www.karlu.com/product_info.php?cPath=41_806_64_716_797&products_id=10336

Does anybody here use Interfit kit and if so, what is the build quality like? Also, does anybody have the above set-up? It looks like a lot of kit for the money.

Cheers.

hmm, i have an elinchrom ranger arriving next friday, I will probably do some sort of review on it, although, I probably won't be able to use it properly until the end of the month.

I think it's fair to say that Interfit has always been known for its value for money rather than for its build quality, but the kit in your link looks good to me.
The price seems very good, at about twice what you'd expect to pay for a good quality head alone.
But there are a few questions that simply aren't dealt with in the blurb. If I was interested in buying this I'd want to know:
1. How many full power flashes from the battery?
2. Are spare batteries in stock, if so how much?
3. What is the recycling time at full power?
4. What's the power of the modelling lamp? (typically, battery powered flashes have a very low powered modelling lamp which is pretty useless, because the modelling lamp drains the battery very quickly if it has enough power to be useful)
How high/low does the stand go?

Back