portfolio help

Name
jaynie
Edit My Images
Yes
hey- i'm new to photography in the sense that i have taken pictures for years but am only now starting to look at using it for my future. i'm applying for photography at university and have to put together a portfolio but as i have never had to do one i don't wuite know how to set it out like, what size, what to print my pictures on and where and stuff like that. i would ask my terachers at collage but as i am at a 6th form they don't teach photography and instead only teach art and design so aren't that helpful
i just generally need help please

could always ask the course co-ordinator

A4 probably maybe A3 but A4 should be enough with a mount

Hi, I've applied this year so I have started on mine as have the majority of my class.

Most have gone down to the route of buying a presentation folder, but luckily I have one already. Expect to pay around £50 for a nice leather one mind, they aren't cheap! I think they come with around 20 plastic 'wallets' if you like, and come in A3/A4.

In regards to size, a girl I know who has interviews at Leeds, London x2, Manchester and Liverpool has printed all of hers to A3. Although my tutor has said many don't mind A4, but if they state A3 then obviosuly it would be foolish to take anything less.

Quality wise, we've printed them all using the Epson one in our class. It's not mega fancy, but it's hooked up to an iMac which has been calibrated and so on, so the colours are correct. We print them on a range of papers, mainly Ilfords range.

Hope this has helped. I'm sure if you ring the Univerisity up they will tell you more about any size requirments, if there any.

Back