Portrait in the Cold

Name
Brittany
Edit My Images
No
I haven't had a chance to edit any of the other shots from this shoot yet, but I thought I'd post this now anyways. I might end up posting more later, once I've gotten a chance to sit down and really give them my full attention :)

I decided to go a bit easier than I normally do on the skin treatment of this shot, I wanted it to still seem more natural. I feel like sometimes I depend a bit too much on post-production work, so I really loosened the reigns.
If anyone would like to know, I cleared a few blemishes, and evened out the skintone slightly (then lowered the opacity of that layer), dodge and burned a few spots and adjusted the contrast slightly. Let me know your thoughts :)

Frozen
2342422846_2d245d5a19_o.jpg

Model: Jessica
MUA/Photography/PP: Me

Is that a beauty spot on her Right cheek?
Also is it hair or again beauty spot on the neck?
That looks like its just at the base of the chin?
This at the bottom of the chin is distracting a little but not jumping straight out.
I like the picture a lot, even with the eyes at the top of the frame they still draw you in.

Cracking shot, could grace the pages of a magazine easily.

What a beautiful image! My only minor crits would be that it is a bit dark and the hand is very distracting. I've had a go at addressing these and also used my eye pop treatment, it's not ideal due to the low res file but on the original it should be fine.

2342422846_2d245d5a19_o.jpg

Much better after Hacker's tweaks in my opinion. Eyes look a little unreal, but they don't half grab you. Womens mag coveresque now. (Always helps to have an attractive subject though doesn't it:))

lovely portrait, a good crop could help it: i'd loose the bottom to make it a square probably.

still a great intimate portrait that works well.

Very very nice indeed (y)

Oh wow, I do like that crop and that it's a been brightened. I don't know why, but for some reason I had this notion that I wanted a part of that pole in the shot, I do however like the crop without it. Thanks for all your help :)

Back