Portrait of the girlfriend

Edit My Images
Yes
dont do much portrait work looking for some C&C.

claire4t4thhghgfll55u1.jpg

Thks for looking

All the best
Rob

As one of those 148, I can only say it's a really hard shot to comment on. I don't even really know why. :shrug:

It's good, there's good eye contact. The exposure is just fine, it's sharp and there is a compelling expression on her face.

But for some reason it's not adding up to the sum of it's parts for me. Somehow it feels a tiny bit uncomfortable to look at. Whether that's a balance thing where it's not quite sitting right in the frame or perhaps you've actually captured too much and I feel like I'm intruding on something private by looking at it I really don't know.

Sorry, not a very useful post but I don't know what else to say about it.

have you retouched with PS CS2 ?

Aa bit blown about the forehead, left cheek and tip of the nose but apart from that looks fine to me(y)

She seems uncomfortable sitting there, and I dont mean to offend AT ALL, but the lighting makes her hair look greasy.

Not a very useful post either, but thats what sprang to mind for me

thks for all your comments i think i will have to practice more

All the best
Rob

I'd agree with alot of the comments above but would also add that you can probably sort alot of the issues out with some post processingcertainly the hair and if it is a RAW shot you can probably get the forhead back.

Much better than my attempts and at least your better half is willing to pose so you can have another go.

Back