Critique Portrait on Medium Format

Fantastic. I love the tones, the framing, the look and crucially, I think it is the fact you can only see one of her eyes that really sells the photo, comes across a little mysterious. Really great work Jean-Marie.

Since you've asked for critique, some very minor points: Highlights on her right arm and hair are too bright IMO, and I find the highlights on the grass (plus the ones just to the right of her) distracting too. I think if these were muted a little, she would stand out more. None-the-less these are minor and it is a wonderful image (and set).

Jeff.

I think it's a lovely portrait.... I agree with the highlights on her arm....
There are two bits on the grass that distract though.... a blue thing(ball maybe) just in front of the highlighted grass on the left, and a yellow object(sort of in between the highlighted grass)...and now that I've seen them, my eye is drawn to them...

Very eye-catching. I spotted this out of all the photos on the TP homepage and my eye was drawn to it immediately. Very nice use of the hat to reveal one eye, and great tones. Highlights might be a bit bright here and there but the exposure on the face, hair and hat is spot on.

I do like the shot. For me I would have put in portrait format and gone closer. My eye keeps on getting drawn to the fence in the background.

Pretty model and do love the hat covering one eye

Back