Posing Jackdaw

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
No matter how hard I stamped my feet to get him to fly, he just insisted on staying where he was :( Oh well the flying Jackdaw shot will have to wait.
C&C welcome.

2-4.jpg

I love the image but why does it look as if you have silver plated his legs? Surely they are not usually that colour - or is it just my monitor?.

Ken

I love the image but why does it look as if you have silver plated his legs? Surely they are not usually that colour - or is it just my monitor?.

Ken

looks arsefirst to me as well , the one i have seen round here is black with a grey/silver head :thinking:

Looks OK to me, they are a dark grey bird with light grey around the neck and a dark cap.
Nice shot as well.

nice detail and tones in the capture rich.

Ken
Not your monitor Ken, I think its just the way the light is shining across the skin of the legs and giving it that effect :|
looks arsefirst to me as well , the one i have seen round here is black with a grey/silver head :thinking:
Thanks Paul for your informative comment (y) I shall take note and try to improve myself even more :LOL:
Looks OK to me, they are a dark grey bird with light grey around the neck and a dark cap.
Nice shot as well.
Thanks lammie
nice detail and tones in the capture rich.
Cheers Tom, first time actually I have taken a shot of one. As he was happy to sit, I just ran off a few shots and tried various settings on the way.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other Kaz, I could adjust him down a bit I suppose but was trying to get as much detail out as possible. If I took a pace to the left or right he seemed to look different each time :D

Thanks Paul for your informative comment (y) I shall take note and try to improve myself even more :LOL:

:LOL: , seriously it looks totally different to my garden visitor , good shot though :clap:

Black is NEVER black........its made up of many different greys and you have got really great detail in this....mind you it's a :)bit greenish on the back.

keith

Woah, would love to know what the Jackdaws are feeding on in your neck of the woods, never seen one like that before. Smashing shot, captured loads of tones in the black/grey there.

Last edited:
Bird may be a juvenille not yet into adult plumage - good shot.

:LOL: , seriously it looks totally different to my garden visitor , good shot though :clap:
Ta
Nice sharp image looks goodfor me.:clap:
Cheers
cracking shot Rich (y)
Thanks Dave
Great shot and wonderfull detail!
Thank you very much Elvis
Black is NEVER black........its made up of many different greys and you have got really great detail in this....mind you it's a :)bit greenish on the back.

keith
No! Not green :LOL:
Woah, would love to know what the Jackdaws are feeding on in your neck of the woods, never seen one like that before. Smashing shot, captured loads of tones in the black/grey there.
Thanks
ahhh , could that be why it looks nothing like the adult i have around here i wonder ? :)
Could be

Ok this is one less my heavy handed editing :LOL:

j2.jpg

Last edited:
Back