Possible downtime over the weekend

S

Steve

Just a heads up really to keep everyone informed. I have today recieved the following from our hosts. While I don't forsee any major downtime it is only polite to let you know in advance. ;)

Stephen ,

We will be performing maintenance on our Telehouse network from 00.00 -> 06.00 GMT on Saturday 5th February. This will cause several small outages to your service while we install and configure new switches in preparation for our IP change in the coming months, the upgrades will also allow us to provide a more secure and reliable service in future.

All hosting servers will be unavailable for periods of time during this window, but no email will be lost as a result of this outage. It will be queued on our offsite backup server until our primary mail server is available again, and any emails will be delivered as normal. I would also like to apologise for the short notice of this outage, but we aim to keep any disruption to a minimum.

If you have any questions concerning the scheduled downtime, please don't hesistate to contact us.

Thanks for your co-operation,

Well, seems as no-one commented we must have done a good job ;)

We were down for about 3 or so hours while everything was moved around. We shouldn't be seeing that again though.

Rob

Aye (I have an account with the same hosting ;))

And I must say, top job. The only downtime I've ever seen from the host, and it was planned, warned of well in advance, and swiftly back up as promised.

Sods law dictated that it was the night a few other forums fell over at the same time so I was bored beyond belief that night :D
But hey, thats just my luck :p

Regards

Yup, Thanks Rob, you and the company are doing a greay job with the quality hosting [smilie=t:

It's nice to have you join us as well :)

yes rob good service so far, no dropouts or page errors for me yet.

Thanks for EVERYTHING that you are doing for us!

Back