Possibly my best bird shot!

Name
David Bridges
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey,

Went to Wallington Hall again even though it was pouring down with rain by the time we go their after being perfect light earlier. I thought i may aswell see whats happening in the hide in the rain. I think its the buisiest ive ever seen the feeding station with about 6 - 7 red squirrels darting around but too far for my 300mm. Well after much waiting and messing around with lenses I tried something i never tried before and thats using my extension tubes from Jessops. It just shows how close the un shy birds get.
(Apologies for the essay)

C&C Welcome

2001421792981368406_rs.jpg

PS, I would love to see some results from people with a longer reach lens. Also if you live in the North East i would go there if you want to get some good practice of birds i saw nut hatches, tree creepers, woodpeckers, squirrels, ltt's, basically everything and red squirrels :).

It was a canon 90-300mm but ive got a feeling that i wasnt at 300mm but more around 250mm but im sure somebody who has some kind of EXIF program can tell you exact details.

Good shot :clap:

Good capture (y)

not bad at all

Nice shot mate! I sat in the woods for an hour n half today and didn't get anthing decent. (y)

It must be good if you get a "not bad shot" from Old Git! Well done!

Very nice shot - you've got the catchlight in the eye which makes all the difference with Great Tits. All too often otherwise good shots are spoiled by the eye being lost against that black head. (y)

Thats a great shot David, i keep meaning to go there for the Red Squirrels.

yeah there are plenty of squirrels but the 300mm wasn't enough reach most of the time

Thanks, i must go again whilst i'm on my easter holidays

Back