Posting Photos on Talk Photography

Edit My Images
Yes
I was trying to look for a posting kb size limit for images? I read somewhere it used to be 160kb? On the photosharing sticky it doesn't relate to a size so has that been abolished?

Just I've taken the recently aquired D200 for a spin down London and thought I'd share a few. But even my compressed photos are coming it at around 200kb which is not really good for 56K users.

Thanks for your help :)

Ed :)

160kb limit for gallery and comp entries, unlimited for offsite hosting but 800 pixel limit remains.

I normally send the photo to myself as an email from My Pictures folder, leaving box marked for smaller image than original. Then up load that.

We've removed the filesize limit for offsite linking with a request of just being sensible (ie no 30 meg images :D)

However we still have the 800 pixel limit, and gallery uploads are still limited to 160k.

Marcel said:
We've removed the filesize limit for offsite linking with a request of just being sensible (ie no 30 meg images :D)

However we still have the 800 pixel limit, and gallery uploads are still limited to 160k.

Excellent all, thanks for clarifying! Get ready for lots of captures from moir.

Ed :)

Have to say from where I sit the removal of the file size limit has not been a problem at all. Hope those on slow connections are finding things OK.

looks like it was a fine idea, no problems here either

Yup I've not noticed anything either

Back