Postscript printing from Vista to Mac

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
I dont know if this is the correct forum for this, if not, perhaps a mod could move it please.

I could never find out how to print from vista laptops over the network to an imac with a printer attached by usb.

Finally today I realised I had to have the Bonjour Service running on the vista laptops to communicate with the imac printer.

The Bonjour printer wizard did a great job, used postscript drivers as they are what are needed and they now communicate and send data across the network to the Epson printer.

However, although all the data is correct, it prints out in very small text and in a small block in the middle of an A4 page.

It doesnt matter if I print a webpage, something from Word or whatever.
It is all laid out correctly but just occupies a block of about 2 inches in the centre of the page.

I have changed margins, changes options of scaling to A4 etc etc with no joy.

I wondered if I changed the postscript driver from the one they used which was an HP to an Epson PS driver... but exactly the same.

Anyone any ideas or had this happen before??

Janice,

What is the printer?

If you plug a printer into an iMac and install it completely as normal then click to share it. Now on Windows install the bonjour software you should just be able to then install the normal Windows driver software for that printer and change the "Port" to point to the printer on the iMac. If you do that it should completely print as normal. Least it does here.

Janice

If you connect the Vista printer direct to the Epson, does it print OK from Postscript files?

Also have a look at preview on the Mac when you print. is the print preview OK or is it "compressed"

Last edited:
Thanks guys. i sorted it by not using the postscript driver that the bonjour wizard used (ie, an HP postscript) but I used an Epson postcript driver and all was fine:D

thanks for your help.

Back