Pot of gold anyone?

Edit My Images
Yes
I seem to be stumbling across rainbows alot at the moment. After the effort from the Derwent Valley last week I came across this beauty in Sheffield today.

Unfortunately I don't have a wide enough lens to be able to make the whole rainbow fit in shot which was really disappointing as I reckon its the most prominent one I've ever seen!

081107_1resize.jpg

081107_2.jpg

In the second one I would love to know if there was any way of removing the overhead cables from the shot. Unfortunately at this point it started raining very hard so I had to retire to the car very quickly!

Any thoughts welcome :)

you can, to some extent, position a rainbow
it always occurs when the sun is exactly behind you
so just walk sideways until you get the background you want
(not adviseable near the coast!)

I wanted to move backwards to get a better angle but I couldn't because of a cliff that went staright up about 30 metres! As for moving sideways - peoples houses were in the way (what a cheek ;)). By the time I got in a better position the rain had started and the rainbow disappeared...

people eh!:bat:

better colours in the second one but he first is prettier. Second is an urban scene so I'd leave the cables alone... especially as I'm not very good at cloning and keeping the result invisible!

I like the first best, but it may look better with the tarmac cropped out(y)

Cheers.

I couldn't work out whether to crop the tarmac or not in the first one - I kept changing my mind!

Back