[POTY] Round 5 - December- "Festive / Celebrations"

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome to Round 5 of the TP : Photographer of the Year 2006.

As usual, the competition rules are here.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please use this thread to discuss the competition, and specifically the current round, and your interpretation of it. Also feel free to discuss ideas and thoughts etc. :) While there is an anonymous nature to the submissions and voting, there's no need to be secretive about ideas and the like. While we'd all like to win :D...the competition is for all of us to help improve our photography :)

So, on with this months theme, which is Festive / Celebrations.
The cut off for submissions to be received is 23:59 on the 31st December 2006.

Good luck to all who enter, and Happy Snapping! :)

* Yes this is a sneaky copy and past from last months thread.....and the month before..and the month before that too.....lol....and the month before that....I think

Confused of Lincolnshire asks:

This months theme of "festive / Celebration", does that mean "Festive OR Celebrations" if so do the celebrations have to be xmas related ? Or does it mean "festive or festive celebrations" ?

Fat and hungry of Lancashire writes :

Fear not, sir, for your entry does not have to be specifically christmas related. Basically, the theme is "Festive, and / or celebrations", so it could technically mean, say end of term for a student, it could mean birthdays, it could be a completely different religions celebration over the holiday period.

It's basically what your interpretation of the theme is. However, I think you have a very valid point, in that the wording can be slightly confusing. I'll double check with the other staff, and if it's OK, change the wording slightly :)

Could do with get off my sorry backside and having a go at one of these :thinking:

Ive added a reminder to the Events calendar, set one week before the closing date.

If you want a reminder email a week before closing, click here

And chose your timeframe. I chose 1 hour...so that's 1 hour before the reminder...not 1 hour before closing. (If that makes sense).

All I need now is to find a Santa hat to fit that robin that keeps coming into my garden... ;[

I've replied to all those who have entered, confirming your entries have been recieved and what not (y)

Thanks to those who have entered so far, and a gentle reminder bump to those who have yet to do so...Closing date is in less than a week folks ;)

Little bump. Entries are all in, uploaded, named and ready for your persual, viewing and voting here

Any problems give us a shout :)

As usual, PM your favourite 3 images (in any order) to me before midnight on the 7th January 2007 (Or thereabouts), whereafter we'll tally up the votes and announce the round winner, and the overall Talk Photography, Photographer of the Year 2006!

Kind Regards

I hazve voted, as usual some good entries.
well done every one.

Oh sh*t ... Only just picked this up and missed the bloody deadline ... soz guys 'n gals ... can't understand why this thread has not turned up in any pages I have been busy looking at since NYD ... :shrug:

Sorry ... ;)

:p

Do we see the results today??

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :beer: :exit:

Back