Pound

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Got a new reversing ring today and fitted that and my extension tubes on to my bellows :LOL: and got these..

One pound coin.

Any comments or C&C appreciated

no#1
v8k9yt.jpg

no#2 highest zoom possible
2ajte6f.jpg

Any chance of a zoomed out pic I'm finding it hard to see what bit of a pound in it lol

Any chance of a zoomed out pic I'm finding it hard to see what bit of a pound in it lol

How's this? Sorry a bit OOF

2mm5w8h.jpg

My sensor may be eligible for the dirty sensor competition.

Last edited:
How's this? Sorry a bit OOF

My sensor may be eligible for the dirty sensor competition.

Your pound may be in for the battered coin competition. lol

Still can't figure it out I though pounds have dots on the ouside? Lol

Still can't figure it out I though pounds have dots on the ouside? Lol

Mebbe they are like condoms - dotted, striped, flavoured.....

:muted:

It's the Welsh pound coin, with the Menai Suspension bridge design, I think.

Surely it's not a Welsh coin, how did it ever get spent and taken out the country :thinking: :shrug: :D

( :hug: and :beer: to anyone who may find some reason to take offence to that :p )

It's the Welsh pound coin, with the Menai Suspension bridge design, I think.

It is that exact one and it looks fairly new. I will take a photo of the full coin and add it straight after dinner. Any comments on the magnification or quality? It looks fairly good magnification to me?!? Only used on camera flash for all of these too.

Last edited:
first one I would say is best, second look slightly fuzzy, not much, hand held or tripod?

but nicely magnified though!!

On tripod with wireless shutter and a n00b on the controls :)

first one I would say is best, second look slightly fuzzy, not much, hand held or tripod?

but nicely magnified though!!

Thanks I need to find a bug that is sleeping for the winter it took me ages to get the camera in the right place.

impressive magnification dude! :)

Thanks for the comment. I'm quite happy with this and if I can't get some extreme magnification on this then I still have the two lens reversed technique to try :)

Cheapo Macro

Back