Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Spleen venting time:D

I didn't realise that I had so much stuff on my computer!
I have just spent almost 24hrs getting the thing back to how it was after a "fatal error"
getting everything off onto a external back up drive, was not a problem
Formatting the disc was not a problem
loading the stuff back on wasn't a problem from the external drive
BUT I didn't realised I had so much other stuff on there, programmes to be loaded, mail settings / rules / folders to be replaced and all sorts of other crap. Why do we do this to ourselves? :bang:

These things sit in the corner and look quite innocuous, but don't be fooled! you only have to turn your back for a minute and they take on a totally different persona ready to totally destroy your planned peaceful weekend.

Right time for some serious conversation with the Pernod bottle, don't expect to get any sense outta me for the next few hours! :LOL:

PITA, had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I've now got a clone disk sitting here with all my programmes on it, just in case ;) Of course, now that I'm prepared it won't happen :bonk:

PITA, had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I've now got a clone disk sitting here with all my programmes on it, just in case ;) Of course, now that I'm prepared it won't happen :bonk:

This is the way forward - I have a clone drive for my iMac, backed up by SuperDuper! (great bit of software).

I do an incremental backup about once a week to the external drive. Then important stuff, like photos/music, I archive to DVD about once a month. I keep meaning to drop a copy of the discs off at my parents' house so that I have an offsite backup! (I think working in IT Assurance is getting to me...)

Back