Beginner PP advice / tips

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi so I have got my new 60d and sigma 17-50mm f/2.8.

I havent had much time to get out yet but heres a quick one of a flower (nothing impressive and its not edited).

Flower by adamtudor88, on Flickr

any advice on how to improve in post processing (lightroom) or general photography improvements I can make?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Last edited:
I really like the image. The bright green leaf (?) towards the top left is a little distracting. I would be tempted to try and pull that back a little using the adjustment brush.

Yeah I see what you mean there. To be honest these are flowers in a vase so probably should have just moved that away haha. It was just one of the flowers on its own that I could isolate and have the only one in focus

The whites already look great in this and you would risk blowing out the highlights if you try and brighten too much. I really like it. Someone with more experience might argue otherwise?

Flowers usually have a stalk. This one looks as if it's defiant of gravity - floating oddly in space. There's no creative expression in the photo that would outweigh this overriding impression. So an awkward framing, & nowt to do with how it's been processed. The answer is to keep going, looking at tons of others' photos and taking ('making') lots of your own photos, with constant review ...

I'll take a peak. To be Honest wasn' something I was gonna do but was just an easy opportunity to take a pic haha

Back