PP+crop please.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
Pic of my godson Curtis. can someone show me where it would be best cropped and show me what a bit of pp would do. and please do not hesitate to criticise, it was taken in a hurry as he was dashing all over the place.

IMG_4283-1.jpg

slight crop, tidy up white blob on the deck, sharpen

IMG_4283-1b.jpg

quality would be better starting with the original, of course

I think it's a nice shot, just a bit too much on top. Here is my take.

IMG_4283-1.jpg

Not sure what PP this image would suit, other than a simple mono conversion.

>>quality would be better starting with the original, of course<<<
In a learning stage at the moment so what exactly do you mean starting with the original, the uncompressed ? (is that the right term)version?.

you assumedly had to shrink the pic to post it (max 800 pixels) so if you started with the "before shrinking" version you'd be working with more pixels = better quality!

I don't think there's much wrong with the original framing at all, I'd have probably left it as it was. :shrug:

Snake Man's crop puts the head closer to a 3rds intersection if you wanted to go that route though.

i like to play also.. :LOL:

this is my take

boy-on-bridge.jpg

crop / slight levels / desaturate / sharpen / border" i like to border shots for the web"

md(y)

you assumedly had to shrink the pic to post it (max 800 pixels) so if you started with the "before shrinking" version you'd be working with more pixels = better quality!
Cheers!. actually (to me) it looks quite sharp straight out the folder so in all the reducing to post it on here does it lose a bit of sharpness?
BTW taken with a 24-105 IS L

^^^ Yes, I find some detail is lost when resizing. Selecting bicubic sharper helps.

slight crop, tidy up white blob on the deck, sharpen

IMG_4283-1b.jpg

quality would be better starting with the original, of course

Personal taste, but I do like this version.

Thanks Mal.

if you want to email the original....

When resizing in photoshop (Ctrl+Alt+I) there is a drop down menu at the bottom. Choose bicubic sharper.

Mal,
you have mail!

IMG_4283c.jpg

Back