Prague Castle Panorama

Edit My Images
Yes
I went to Prague back in September and have only just got round to processing some of the pics (busy with work ever since!)

Anyway, here's a panorama created from 4 shots and put together using Canon Photostitch -

pano_1024.jpg

Full size version HERE (2.5mb)

The shots were taken with my D70, 24-120mm VR lens @ 120mm

All comments welcomed :)

Chez

It's a great looking pano Chez.
It's nicely exposed and looks great on the reduced version.

On the larger version, though... :ponders:
The joins become apparent and the stiching software has struggled with the blend.

Were the shots hand held ?
Also, did you use the same exposure for each shot ?

I find PT Assembler works really well.

Cameron

Is PT assembler free? I'll have to look into it.

The shots were handheld...we went for my GFs birthday, wasn't a 'camera' holiday, so didn't take the tripod!

I've used panarama factory in the past, and it gets a big :thumb:, I don't think its free though.
It will colour correct the joins for you while it processes the images, so you don't get the tell tale stitch lines.

Chez you've got a great panorama here.
The stitch lines can be cloned out easily with a bit of practice.
Try applying a grey graduation filter on a new layer set at colour burn,
this will bring out some of the blues in the sky.

Thanks for all the comments and advice :)

I have done it again, using Autostitch and with a grey graduation filter set to colour burn...

I think this is better..?

castle_pano_1024.jpg

Larger (2.5mb) version HERE

As always, comments welcomed :)

:shock:

That's done a cracking job.

I'm going to snag me this 'autostitch', cos I've always done panorama shots by hand to get results like that.

I had a few issues with it...it kept giving me 'out of memory' messages until I turned auto crop on and it has chopped off a big section to the left, but overall it does seem excellent.

It's probably due to the size of the output image and input images.

Had a few problems with that Autostitch program. Its saying that out of my 3 images, the leftmost and centre ones don't match, when they blatently do, cos I made a panorama of 'em manually before.

Anyone know of a potential solution to this problem? I don't really understand any of the options.... :ponders:

They have to overlap quite a bit. It looks for straight lines to match on so sometimes it can't find any.

Just had a look at the full version Rich, that's pretty amazing isn't it! Can't see the joins even slightly!

It has done an amazing job...I'm really impressed..now just need to iron out the niggles with the software!

Try emailing the chap behind the software. IIRC he's using it to develop his PHD or summit so might appreciate the feedback. :)

Back