Non UK Prague

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon,

In May, I will be going out to Prague for a few days for a work conference. It appears that in the evenings I will be required to attend Supplier/Client dinner 'events' :(, so that potentially leaves me with 2 mornings that I can get out for sunrise, and back again before I have to put my work head on again.
Ive had a quick look on Google Maps, and can see that the hotel where the conference is (Hilton), is about a 30 minute walk from Charles Bridge, so id like to go there on one of the mornings to hopefully catch a nice sunrise.

Where else would you recommend that may be a good spot for such things? The last time went to Prague was probably 20 years ago, so it may has well be a new location for me.

Cheers

Nick

There's a wonderful view to be had from the Dancing House Rooftop Bar. Only need to buy a drink for access. Forum compression has really killed the quality but you get the idea of how gorgeous it is up there.
P1026645 (4).jpg
There are plenty of off the beaten track opportunities too. I'd recommend giving the 'Honest Guide' channel a look on Youtube before your visit. Lots of helpful advice.

There's a wonderful view to be had from the Dancing House Rooftop Bar. Only need to buy a drink for access. Forum compression has really killed the quality but you get the idea of how gorgeous it is up there.
View attachment 420262
There are plenty of off the beaten track opportunities too. I'd recommend giving the 'Honest Guide' channel a look on Youtube before your visit. Lots of helpful advice.
Thanks for the tip Adam, and yes, that certainly does look like a great spot :)

I haven’t been there for quite some time (just looked it was 2006 !)

My wife and I went into the old town and for a few Euro joined a walking tour of the old city, included a nice lunch break and finished over the river at the castle. Suggest you ask at reception in your hotel.

We stayed in the Movenpik hotel which was about a 20-minute walk from the old city. I think it has been renamed (Hotel NH Prague City) since our trip.

This was the view of the old city from the bar... Enjoy your trip.GJW_IMG_3893 Prague.jpg
Canon EOS 20D, Sigma 70-300mm

My wife and I went into the old town and for a few Euro joined a walking tour of the old city, included a nice lunch break and finished over the river at the castle. Suggest you ask at reception in your hotel.

We stayed in the Movenpik hotel which was about a 20-minute walk from the old city. I think it has been renamed (Hotel NH Prague City) since our trip.

This was the view of the old city from the bar... Enjoy your trip.View attachment 420264
Nice one, cheers Glenn.

This was the view of the old city from the bar... Enjoy your trip.View attachment 420264
I stayed at the Movenpick too, over 15 years ago mind.

Blue/golden hour on Charles Bridge is a must, but I recall a long walk (or an underground ride).

Again, a long way from the hotel you can walk to the castle and there is a park which gives good views down into the New Town on the way up.

I am another who dislikes these 'networking' events passionately, You go to a nice city only to look at four walls, and listen to people drone on. If you can get out going up to the castle midnight onwards gives you a wonderful perspective of the old town etc, all lit up by streetlights

I stayed at the Movenpick too, over 15 years ago mind.

Blue/golden hour on Charles Bridge is a must, but I recall a long walk (or an underground ride).

Again, a long way from the hotel you can walk to the castle and there is a park which gives good views down into the New Town on the way up.

I am another who dislikes these 'networking' events passionately, You go to a nice city only to look at four walls, and listen to people drone on. If you can get out going up to the castle midnight onwards gives you a wonderful perspective of the old town etc, all lit up by streetlights
Thanks Peter. Its definitely going to be very late in the day/evening or very early in the morning opportunities on this trip, which isnt terrible really, as there will be less people and more atmosphere, assuming the weather plays ball for me :)

Back