Praktica BCA Electronic

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

Just recently been given a Practika BCA electronic.

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this camera, and if so, any pointers they can give on it, and how to get the best out of it?

Cheers,
Dan :)

It's a little daunting at first if you've only used digital before but learning manual controls should give you a better understanding of cameras in general, don't think i've talked to anyone who wasn't a better photographer in some way from learning to shoot film.

It's a little daunting at first if you've only used digital before but learning manual controls should give you a better understanding of cameras in general, don't think i've talked to anyone who wasn't a better photographer in some way from learning to shoot film.

That seems to be the advice I've had from everyone - so I'm giving it a good go :)

Thanks for the support guys.

Got given one (well, two) of these myself recently. Good cameras, even if they do pretty much do everything for you :p

No specific advice as such, only thing i can think of is to be careful with the battery cover. But if you have any questions i can try to answer them.

Got given one (well, two) of these myself recently. Good cameras, even if they do pretty much do everything for you :p

No specific advice as such, only thing i can think of is to be careful with the battery cover. But if you have any questions i can try to answer them.

That's weird. I've got two as well. I got given the camera and all the lenses that my partners Uncle owned, however I purchased the camera as well from Ebay, as i thought he was only giving me the lenses! :)

I will do - I've been messing about with it, and now got used to the inside of the viewfinder LED's.

Great starter camera! I'll post my first shots once developed (some time over the next couple of weeks) :)

When you get used to the bca, look for a bcx - more user control but otherwise pretty much same system.

Arthur

PS - hi all...

When you get used to the bca, look for a bcx - more user control but otherwise pretty much same system.

Arthur

PS - hi all...

Really great to see you back Arthur, it,s been a long holiday;).

Great that you post on this, about the BCA, there are some great Carl Zeiss lenses out there that are fitted with the contacts to talk to the camera wonderful IQ, but very costly.

Richard.

Ambermile said:

Arthur

PS - hi all...

Welcome back Arthur, it hasn't been the same without you :D

Back