Praktica MTL 5 and lenses

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi a friend of mine gave me a Praktica MTL 5 with some gear all in a aluminium case consiting of this
The camera body itself,
lens 1 is a SUPER ALBINAR F=500mm 1:8
lens 2 is a praktica auto zoom 80-200mm 1:4.5 Macro
lens 2 is 2 x APS Teleplus MC
Lens 3 is a TESSAR 2.8/50 Carl Zeiss Jena DDR
a Soligor UF-2 light meter thing
a sunpak auto 400 flash

a selection of cokin filters
Spot W.A incolour1
Gradual B2
Star 8
+3 sepia
2/3 orange 85b
being the proud owner of an E420 with the two kit lenses i have no clue as to the value or use of the above items, anypone give me a clue, is it as vintage as i think lol? i wont have a use for it as such so not sure what to do with it. HELP!! lol

Off the top of my head the camera is early to mid 80's, and you can get it for about a tenner on ebay.

Not sure on the rest of the stuff. Search for it on ebay to get an idea. Or someone here may be able to tell you.

Use it and enjoy it, don't limit yourself to one camera. :)

The MTL 5 was a sturdy but basic camera (like just about all Prakticas) and was around in the early 1980s.

As I recall it was a tad on the cumbersome side to use as it used stop-down metering but certainly possible to get very good results with it.

Sadly the case is probably worth almost as much as the contents - a quick look at completed listings on ebay shows similar kits going for between £25 and £100

cheers for the rapid response, i didn't think it was worth much, and not really into film photography, might just hang onto it, it was a lovely thought and gesture by the friend who gave me it knowing i was into photography.. i couldn't find any kits like it on ebay, gonna go have another look.

Back