Precipitation within sight...

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
...as they say on the shipping forecast.

Sorry this is a last years shot but I have just bought a book on Photoshop that addled my brain:D so I thought I would have a little play with one from the archives.

Sorry too for the copyright message, I am still trying to fine tune that. Hopefully now put right

TP_DSC0845.jpg

TFL;)

Last edited:
cracking shot, well done

first time I looked, it was with a white thread background
thought it looked a bit dull
just changed to black and it really pops out of the screen
superb! (y)

Nearly a bit of all weather there Donna - just need some snow.

Very nice shot - do very much like the tonal range in the mg and the light/shadow interplay.

yes excellent shot and I agree the copyright signature is a little obtrusive but I've seen worst on the forum.

Thanks for your comments, I have modified the image to tone down the copyright message.

That is beautiful Donna! Always enjoy photographs that show changing weather and this does it so well(y)

Beautifully captured. Don't know what you did in PS but it looks great! :clap:

What I did in PS:

Select the sky into a new layer, enhance the rain and cloud by applying a massive unsharp mask (100%, 200px radius). Apply NR as the unsharp mask creates a lot of grain. Create a layer mask to blend excessive "rain" centre shot.

A rainbow was only just visible on the original so I took a bright rainbow from another shot taken the same day and superimposed it on the original with colour merge and more layer masking to hide the edges.

So the shot is a bit of a cheat but a good exercise in learning new techniques in PS.

Lovely shot DonnaM...

The rain... the rainbow and the sun... and good detail in the mountains.

Spectacular. (y)

Nice shot. The only thing I would suggest is to add a bit of foreground interest, like some rocks down at the shore maybe.

very nice shot

What I did in PS:

Select the sky into a new layer, enhance the rain and cloud by applying a massive unsharp mask (100%, 200px radius). Apply NR as the unsharp mask creates a lot of grain. Create a layer mask to blend excessive "rain" centre shot.

A rainbow was only just visible on the original so I took a bright rainbow from another shot taken the same day and superimposed it on the original with colour merge and more layer masking to hide the edges.

So the shot is a bit of a cheat but a good exercise in learning new techniques in PS.

Well, it doesn't look false and that's important!

:agree: and the credit modification makes a big difference too, much more than I would have expected.

'Tis not a cheat... if you do anything to a photograph after it's been taken, whether it's sharpening it up a bit or superimposing another one on top, it's all the same.
It's hard to say definatively when a photograph stops being just a photograph and turns into a piece of art, but what counts is the end result and whether it's pleasing to the eye... and yours certainly is (y)

Suggestion-wise, if it were mine I'd be tempted to add a contrast mask to bring out a smidgeon of detail and colour in the darker areas in the foreground :)

Stunning! I love it!
(Small critique - the river bit at the bottom is a bit drab, composition would perhaps have been better if you'd cut that out.)

Back