Premiere Pro Course Recommendations Please

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm looking to buy my wife an introduction to premiere pro course. She has always loved the idea of putting together videos.

I've got her the software but i think it's worth diving in with a course rather than struggling with how-to book

Any course recommendations - ideally ones that run on the weekend!

Thanks

Have you considered computer based training?

thanks - but she's a mum of two small kids so it really needs to be something she can get away for for a couple of days

TBH I've learnt Premiere Pro 'on the hoof' - there are so many tutorials on that Youtube, that anything you might want to do with it is there.

I understand your desire, but I think you'll struggle because of this. Ask on Philip Bloom's site maybe?

I think Dvtalent in London do one, if she's in the industry may well be able to get skillset funding through them too.

Which version of Premiere Pro are you talking? CS6 is a bit different to earlier.
I can't help with courses, but found Creative Cow great for their set of about 85 online tutorials by Andrew Devis very useful myself (CS6)

As previously said the best way to learn would be look online/youtube. The problem with prem pro cs6 or any Editor is that they look complex and daunting to begin with but are pretty straightforward after afew days of use. Theres multiple ways of doing things which gives the exact same end result.

Also dont attempt to look up how to do EVERYTHING in one go, start with those tutorials that show how to open files and what each window means and does.
After that if you want an effect search for that one specific thing like 'slice a clip in premiere pro' and 'cut a clip in half, premiere pro' and then look at afew different ways thats done.
Virtually every single thing you want to do or every question you have will have been asked/answered by someone somwhere either on Adobes faq/tutorials/forums or on youtube

thank you all for your advice - I'm with you on the online course - it's the way I learn - but she will want the peace and quiet of s weekend away to get that kick start - but it sounds like decent courses are light on the ground

itsdavedotnet - thanks - I'll follow up on that one

Back