Presenting images with essays

Name
Michelle
Edit My Images
Yes
I've started a City & Guilds course (which, btw, I wouldn't recommend), and they've asked us to had in a portfolio of up to 10 images, with accompanying essays.

They've just said it can be presented in any method we choose, so there is no guidelines saying we have to use a box, or a particular size.

I've seen plenty of threads talking about leather binders or boxes, but I'm not really sure how the essays would fit in with these...

I'd like the images around 7x5/A5ish size (I have no idea about printing pics so haven't figured this out yet!)

Is there anyone who knows of a way I could present these at all?

Any help is much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hi Michelle, :wave:

the whole idea is for you to use your imagination. It is not easy to start with, but a simple idea could be to buy an A4 folder that has clear sheets inside that yo can insert A4 paper - (Osbourne's £3.99). Then put some sheets together with your prints stuck on the paper and your written word on the opposite page.

You could elaborate and make nice boxes that set the photos off, but its YOU to put your own ideas forward and be expressive,

Hope this helps (y)

Malcolm

I've started a City & Guilds course (which, btw, I wouldn't recommend), and they've asked us to had in a portfolio of up to 10 images, with accompanying essays.

They've just said it can be presented in any method we choose, so there is no guidelines saying we have to use a box, or a particular size.

I've seen plenty of threads talking about leather binders or boxes, but I'm not really sure how the essays would fit in with these...

I'd like the images around 7x5/A5ish size (I have no idea about printing pics so haven't figured this out yet!)

Is there anyone who knows of a way I could present these at all?

Any help is much appreciated :)

Hi Malcolm :)

Thanks very much for the response. Yes, in the end I bought a black leather A4 folder from WH Smith, and I'm putting the images on black card inside the wallets, with the essays adjacent.

I only asked as I wasn't sure whether there was a particular way of displaying course portfolios - but nearly sorted now anyway (just need the photos in there now!)

Thanks though :)

Back