Pressure Washer?

Edit My Images
No
With the hose pipe ban lifted, thinking of buying a Pressure Washer. Any ideas or words of advise are very welcome?

Karcher's pretty good though not the cheapest, loads of models to choose from and a ranges of prices, loads of accessories too if you that way inclined :D
I cant remeber the model off hand but mine cost me about £140 a year or so ago. Touch wood its been as good as gold(y)

B&Q did a decent version for £50, used it weekly for a year - does a good job on the car

Worst thing is, the wifey realises washing the car is now more fun than chore - so you end up washing hers too

Great for cleaning bike wheels too... put bike on floor upside-down, spray directly onto chunky bits of mountain bike. It spins incredibly fast and the kids love the spray and rainbow you get on a sunny day

I even managed to use it for weeding the path too, cuts soft weeds in two - but sadly washes away all of the sand between block paving - oops

Oh - and if your hand gets covered in soap suds - DON'T squirt if off with the jet wash! It f-ing kills!!

Get a cheap £40-60 one. Look for one with attachments included if you can.

Mine is a no name and cost £39.99 last year, washes the car fine, I even do the windows/path/weeds/etc.

The thing to watch for is pressure, the higher the better.

If this good weather we have had in the last few weeks keeps up, the ban will be back in force before you can use it :D

:agree: - rumour has it SE Water will impose their ban again within a month :bonk:
That said I bought a Karcher for £99 about 10yrs ago & its still going strong (y) - Look for one with a "Dirtblaster" attachment as that will blast all the scum off your patio etc
HTH - Paul ;)

When you look at the impressive PSI/Bar figures quoted for these things look at the other figure they don't promote so much - how many litres/ minute it puts through. High pressure figures are fine but with no throughput of water you are blasting with a water pistol and cleaning only a tiny spot at a time. More water = bigger area cleaned and less time taken.

The thing to watch for is pressure, the higher the better.

Another big plus is the water flow, Some of the budget versions are like watering cans with no decent flow of water to shift anything.:(

High pressure and plenty of water throughput is what shifts grime.. along with some decent detergent..;)

When you look at the impressive PSI/Bar figures quoted for these things look at the other figure they don't promote so much - how many litres/ minute it puts through. High pressure figures are fine but with no throughput of water you are blasting with a water pistol and cleaning only a tiny spot at a time. More water = bigger area cleaned and less time taken.

You got it in one Robert..(y)

If this good weather we have had in the last few weeks keeps up, the ban will be back in force before you can use it :D

Ah but its not a hose pipe :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back