Preston - Winkley Square

mobilevirgin

I'm a cheeky little sausage
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Any good? Or do I need to go back and do them again?

1969808403_37c7499bbf_b.jpg

1969798691_0fa90e08b6_b.jpg

1970608844_4aecd40b16_b.jpg

1969772593_a7475f2f40_b.jpg

1970569224_01a374ebca_b.jpg

Some good un's there! #1 and #5 work best for me, imho the others have too much in them (does that make sense?) to work in b&w, it would be nice to see them in colour!

Anyway, your a braver man than me walking around there with your camera out, all the chavs must have been at the post office cashing in their dole cheques!

I'm not sure there's enough of interest to be shooting B&W, the autumn colours would possibly work better?

Thanks, both - you maybe right about the B&W

No chavs in evidence. Although it was Sunday.

I tried this last night. But I'm still not sure

1976174132_6cc2fd5e6c_b.jpg

Those shots take me back to my student days and waking up in that park one morning!!! (I only lived 30 seconds aound the corner for 4 years but for some reason one night it was 30 seconds too far :bonk: )

Think the first one looks good but like other posters have said it would probably look quite good in colour as a nice autumnal scene.

Spent 6 very hazy years in Preston in total but used to regularly go down to Avenham and Miller parks. Walking along the Ribble through Miller park in autumn used to be especially nice as all the Horse Chestnuts were losing their leaves :)

Definitely better in colour

200kb max file size limit please! !!

To respect people that still access the internet via dial up or that are running small screen resolutions, images displayed in posts should be no larger than 1024 pixels on their longest side, and if hosted by us in our free gallery, have a maximum filesize of 200kb. There is no file size restriction on images hosted offsite, although we urge users to be sensible, we reserve the right to break links to images we feel may take too long to download. Image dimension rules apply to all images, regardless of hosting.

Sorry mate - my fault I forgot we changed the rules for images hosted off site.... been a long day. ;)

The last ones a clear winner for me - very atmospheric - good processing.

Sorry mate - my fault I forgot we changed the rules for images hosted off site.... been a long day. ;)

The last ones a clear winner for me - very atmospheric - good processing.

No worries. I know the feeling.

Thanks for the comment. I didn't post the colour versions up here because the original plan was to shoot B&W and square crop them all. But I now think that was a mistake. I'm liking the colour ones better.

I wanted to know if my original plan had worked. Or whether plan B was better.

Nice slideshow in the plan b link(y)
I think the colour shots make the best use of the autumn colour in the trees, but there are some nice mono shots there too.:)

Back