Price war

Less of a deal than you think maybe, iirc BHP are pretty expensive to post to the UK, take a long time to do it and you'd likely get stuck with import duty/vat on top of their price. Since they don't lie about the value you'd pay top whack. Add to that the cost of a warranty since Canon will not honour the guarantee here.

That said I bought my Rebel (300d) from the usa off eBay a couple of years back and saved a small fortune, I didn't get hit with duty and the camera has not failed so...

Less of a deal than you think maybe, iirc BHP are pretty expensive to post to the UK, take a long time to do it and you'd likely get stuck with import duty/vat on top of their price. Since they don't lie about the value you'd pay top whack. Add to that the cost of a warranty since Canon will not honour the guarantee here.

It includes delivery (£330 check it)

Crap!! Now I'm tempted! Upgrade-itis!!

oops. Looks like I took too long considering. It's now out of stock. :(

I dont know why everyone is so excited !!

The price when buying from B&H has hidden costs.

Price of camera = $ 684.95
Price of postage by UPS $ 50

total for camera and postage to uk $734.95 convert to £ at XE.COM = £ 386.73

£ 386.73 + 17.5% VAT (you will get charged vat from B&H, and you have to pay it on the postage cost) = £ 454.41

£ 454.41 + £ 11 Handeling fee by UPS = £ 465.41

So a grand total of £ 465.41

How much of a saving ?.

I know as I import a lot of stuff not available in the UK, you will always get charged vat + tax from B&H as they invoice at its cost, they will not under value anything.

It was USD560+ earlier. And I'm off to Boston next week, so I was gonna have it sent to my friend's apartment in Boston. :p But it's gone out of stock and the price has gone up, so I gave up that idea.

it was cheaper earlier.

and are you sure about the tax?

I have bought stuff from them and not been charged.

Wait till they have stock, the price may drop again.

Hi

Sorry I didnt know the price was less earlier. :bonk:

You only have 3 options for postage from B&H now

USPS - handled by Parcelfarce in the UK, high cleasence fees, quite good a loosing or damaging your gear. (Like playing russian roulette with your goods). :thumbsdown:

UPS - Nice fast delivery trackable, always presented to customs £11 clearance fee. (y)

Fedex - postal costs usually twice that of UPS, also a clearance fee (not sure what) always presented to customs. :thinking:

I got my Boss to get a load of stuff for me :woot: as he had a stop over in NY to go to B&H, before he went to Vegas for a Printing and colour management summit, then 2.5 weeks driving around the US.

Something else which happens and is bloody frustrating.

Often you get hit for NY sales tax too. Reason: You are shipping from B&H to the UPS international shipping facility. As far as NYC is concerned you are shipping to another location within NYC for subsequent export.

MIght be worth asking Kerso...?

admittedly not a camera but i got some spy sunglasses from the states and wheter they undervalue them or mark as a gift you run the risk of being slapped with a tax of whatever kind, to be honest I have wanted loads of stuff from the states cos of the price but if you get caught out you don't get that good a deal in the end and then you also may have warranty issues whereby you have to return the goods to their original source just major hassle for a few quid, personal opinion only of course!!

Back