Price whinge (sorry)

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I am still saving for another lens for my camera, just looked on MPB and found a lens I am saving for, and yet again they appear to have gone up in price, but for some reason this seems a bit over the top for a used lens??, especially when compared to cost of a new one. Almost makes it not worth buying used.
Sorry rant over.
Screenshot (23).png
Screenshot (24).png

They'll price accordingly based on scarcity and the condition of the lens along with historical sales data. If it sits in stock for too long it'll come down in price I'd guess.

Personally I would pay the extra £60 or so for a new copy but that's a decision totally down to the individual.

You should have a go with vintage lenses Andrew. It would be good practice as well.

You have a free choice. What's the issue here?
No issue, just frustration, every time I get anywhere near having the needed amount of money for this lens, the price goes up lol, now I am asking myself is it actually worth buying this item used ?, as the cost of a new one is not that much more. So more of an observation than an issue.

What would you suggest Nev?

The world is your oyster with the right adapter. Actually this might be the way to go, because they would mount directly. But you'll have to focus manually, whatever you do.

I am still saving for another lens for my camera, just looked on MPB and found a lens I am saving for, and yet again they appear to have gone up in price, but for some reason this seems a bit over the top for a used lens??, especially when compared to cost of a new one. Almost makes it not worth buying used.
Sorry rant over.
View attachment 420906
View attachment 420907
Most when I was looking had dust in them so bought new instead

I've used MPB for about 10 years, but over the past 3 or 4 years or so, I've noticed that their "used" prices for mint condition equipment is either at or just below what you could buy new for, or considerably more expensive than grey - seems to be a trend with them now.

For an example - a brand new Nikon Z8 from Greys of Westminster (today) - £3729. Used "like new" from MPB £3569 (only £160 cheaper). From Panamoz - £2,820, and from E-Infinity £2879. Obviously as someone said earlier, no one's being forced to buy from MPB, and if they have something that the main stockist don't have new in stock, then perhaps this is an option, but they certainly aren't the bargain they once were (but then who is) ?

Back