prices

ah well if you bitches have stopped squabbling PLEASE .. I posted this originally wondering how our retail market would react to no footfall through the door ,as I was currently looking at a macro lens once again to stop me climbing walls or licking windows in the coming weeks .. as long as I stay covid free that is .. anyway this afternoon one appeared on my watched items bnib at £80 off RRP duly purchased u.k seller ..sometimes you really have got to look at the bigger picture.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

ah well if you bitches have stopped squabbling PLEASE .. I posted this originally wondering how our retail market would react to no footfall through the door ,as I was currently looking at a macro lens once again to stop me climbing walls or licking windows in the coming weeks .. as long as I stay covid free that is .. anyway this afternoon one appeared on my watched items bnib at £80 off RRP duly purchased u.k seller ..sometimes you really have got to look at the bigger picture.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Result!

What did you get?
You mean sometimes you really have to look at the closer picture....:LOL:

Last edited:
I was wondering if some professionals will decide to reduce gear for a while at least to free up cash. I have thousands of pounds of kit essentially doing nothing for the next 4 months (minimum) now, fortunately I should be able to see it out, but it would be a quick win to at least sell some back up gear and re-buy as soon as the cash starts coming back in.

Practically though selling to a company where funds are only cleared after gear is checked is quite risky at the moment with lockdown etc, and even selling privately means a non-essential trip to the post office.

I purchased a Nikon D5 about 2 weeks ago at £3500 from Panamoz but a dew days later it had jumped up to £3850, which is a £350 jump in price. Prices will rise ocer the coming weeks but should see it even out shortly after- well in hoping it does anyway.
The pound fell through the floor so prices jumped quite dramatically the Nikon 500 PF from Panamoz is almost UK price last time I checked

I was interested in the Leica m10 Monochrom and sold my Q2 to raise funds before this all went to crap.

There was no stock of the m10 Monochrom at the time and people were in queues globally.

I notice now park cameras has one in stock and it’s not getting snapped up.

Prioirities have changed particularly for those who were making a living in social photography.

The pound fell through the floor so prices jumped quite dramatically the Nikon 500 PF from Panamoz is almost UK price last time I checked
Yes I’ve recently bought a second hand 6D 2 from HDEW (ex demo) I’ve just checked their new prices the price for the 6D 2 has gone up significantly just since I bought mine

I’m lucky, I’m being paid full wages by my employer for the foreseeable future, however I’m not buying anything in case that changes if this continues until the autumn.

olympus 60mm macro lens arrived this morning B.N.I.B from SRS micro systems £319 delivered and wex still have them at £399 so quite pleased . so yes there are bargains to be had if you seek them out

New gear will rise in price and discounts will stop, probably. Sony are already warnings of supply shortages.

https://fstoppers.com/news/sony-warns-disruptions-caused-coronavirus-468945

That in turn should mean used prices will hold. I understand the argument that some distressed sellers may panic and sell their gear cheap but I think prices will firm up pretty quickly.

New gear will rise in price and discounts will stop, probably. Sony are already warnings of supply shortages.

https://fstoppers.com/news/sony-warns-disruptions-caused-coronavirus-468945

That in turn should mean used prices will hold. I understand the argument that some distressed sellers may panic and sell their gear cheap but I think prices will firm up pretty quickly.

I saw one very cheap Sigma 24mm ART about a week ago on ebay. It was obviously already gone when I clicked the email and at least I didn't really need that one. 50mm or 85 would be a different story.

Back