Primeval Anomaly in Cornwall ?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
After seeing these my son (7) is convinced there's a Anomaly in our Garden :LOL: It a Megabunus diadema -Thanks for the ID Daft Biker

Not the best quality pictures but its the first one of these i've ever seen.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Last edited:
KILL IT!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

/me runs away

seriously cool bug, great find.

have you tried focus stacking?

I think he's right :D, better call in ARC soonest ...

Good shooting, that is a spiky so and so (y) and sharp too :D

Great shots again Paul Now how about a few water drops?

Good grief - never seen one of those before - initially thought it only had one eye :D

Very Alien, Very Good :D

That's just scary!

Bug Macro is the stuff nightmares are made of !!!!!!!! :shake:

now thats one scary looking beastie never seen one of them before

Great shots again Paul Now how about a few water drops?

ill hopefully be trying again this week .(y)

These are sooo sharp, Amazing pictures. Curse you nikon for not making an MP-e equivalent!

Dog fish, when you were using nikon what set up gave you the closest results to the MP-e?

The Sigma 150mm & Kenko tubes will give you 2:1 and very sharp images but you get a narrow focus plane.

Brilliant shots. Never seen one of those before, what size was it?

I don't mind garden beasties but house spiders freak me out.

Thats pretty damned cool Great shots (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the ID - some good shots on your flickr - i don't think its missing a leg its just the DOF.

Thanks and you're welcome :)

I take it you had the lights quite high for these? You've got quite strong shadows under the eyes and under the subject - you can control the strength of those shadows by moving the lights down on each side.

The closer I go when using the MT-24 on the MP-E the lower I tend to put the lights. At 5:1 I'm often pretty close to having the lights horizontal if I don't want strong shadows....rotating the lights to suit the angle they'll strike the subject at if things are at a weird angle.

Apologies if I'm teaching you suck eggs:bonk:

Thanks and you're welcome :)

I take it you had the lights quite high for these? You've got quite strong shadows under the eyes and under the subject - you can control the strength of those shadows by moving the lights down on each side.

The closer I go when using the MT-24 on the MP-E the lower I tend to put the lights. At 5:1 I'm often pretty close to having the lights horizontal if I don't want strong shadows....rotating the lights to suit the angle they'll strike the subject at if things are at a weird angle.

Apologies if I'm teaching you suck eggs:bonk:

Hi no your definitely not teaching me to 'suck eggs' i've only just switched to canon and got this kit about 3 weeks ago and I'm still on a steep learning curve, and to be honest the only thing i'm trying to do with the lighting at the moment is control the highlights while i figure out which aperture / shutter speed suits which magnification and teach my fingers to find the right buttons as they are currently Nikon trained.

Back