Print company for poster size prints

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I've used dscl for a 16x24 poster print for a customer but wasn't massively impressed by the quality of the print.

What other companies would you guys be kind enough to recommend?

I've seen that photobox offer Pro Poster Prints...anyone used this and are they any good?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Danny

Loxley and Photobox are also quite popular around here, I'd give them a try, in fact I have just last week, 18x12 from photobox was pretty good, waiting for loxley to deliver now, I expect them to be even better :)

Loxley and Photoboxare also quite popular around here, I'd give them a try, in fact I have just last week, 18x12 from photobox was pretty good, waiting for loxley to deliver now, I expect them to be even better :)

more than likely they will be the same lol

You need to remember that poster prints are inkjet prints and not the same quality as say a 16x12 print.

You need to remember that poster prints are inkjet prints and not the same quality as say a 16x12 print.

I actually find the quality I get out of my R2400 is better than what you get from fuji frontiers or Polielectronica printers.

Does anyone know what printers photobox use for their pro posters and what kind of quality it is?

as far as I am aware they are using Noritsu LP24 - which is a photographic paper printer

Does anyone know what printers photobox use for their pro posters and what kind of quality it is?

Hi

I don't know what printers they use but I've just had two pro poster prints and was very pleased with the quality.

I can't see where it says that they might be printed on an inkjet printer but here's the spec from their site:

Crystal Archive Digital Paper Type II
Same day dispatch, just order by 4pm Monday – Friday
High quality silver halide paper
Designed exclusively for digital images
Great range of sizes from A3 to 30”x20”
Available in matt and gloss paper
249 gsm paper (that’s 16% thicker than our standard paper)
High D-max gives wide tonal range
Excellent skintone reproduction
NLS Technology for brilliant colours, purer whites and more distinct highlights
Noticeably sharper images and text quality
Superb colour saturation
Latent image stability for lasting quality
Ideal for exhibition and commercial work

its a Polielectronica

They often with the DIMA shootout for quality - a rather expensive beast and with a laser that exposes the 20x30 in 7 seconds - fast too...

I had thought it was the LP24 - but I'd mixed them up with another lab... mpix

maybe a daft question but do photobox do the multi panel prints?

I have a daft question - I am new to DSLR photography and would like to get poster size prints. What advice would you give, should i shoot in RAW or are JPEG's ok for poster prints?
Thanks in advance!

RAW does give you better resolution than an incamera jpeg but you'll have to upload a jpeg or a tiff file to get it printed

Ok great thanks. So if I shoot RAW using a canon 500d and upload to a windows xp pc, what should I use to convert the files? I don't have Photoshop, I just have free software for editing such as GIMP.
Thanks!

Back