Print Scanning

Edit My Images
Yes
Who has used the machine which translates your colour/ B&W prints into a JPeg file? If there is an existing answer then point me in the direction please.

eh? you mean a scanner or something entirely different?
I understand that there is something different out there and it produces 5 megapixel JPegs. It's not an HP type scanner.

I was thinking of a scanner too.
Most scanners do an admirable job in scanning any flim photos or prints and once that scanned image is saved in your PC as a JPEG (I think some scanners let you save it as a bitmap or TIFF file), that image could be enhanced even more using your favourite paint program. :) Also bear in mind that the higher the dpi or scan resolution is, the bigger the scanned image will turn out. Even a modest cheap scanner can produce very large JPEGS.
Maybe I have stated the obvious there and I could hear some of you saying "Durrrrh, I didn't know that (!)" in a sarcastic voice, but not everyone knew that. I've had people asking me how they could save their favourite film photo onto their PC - even though they are in procession of a scanner! (instead they use a digital camera to take pictures of pictures). :eek: :D
However, to convert old 35 mm film negatives as actual normal digital images does require a scanner with a special slot to scan negative films with, those type of scanners do cost more than the average scanner. Unless you're serious about rescuing old film negatives, it's quite an expensive thing to undertake in these difficult and expensive times. :D

I was thinking of a scanner too.
Most scanners do an admirable job in scanning any flim photos or prints and once that scanned image is saved in your PC as a JPEG (I think some scanners let you save it as a bitmap or TIFF file), that image could be enhanced even more using your favourite paint program. :) Also bear in mind that the higher the dpi or scan reolution is, the bigger the scanned image will turn out. Even a modest cheap scanner can produce very large JPEGS.
Maybe I have stated the obvious there and I could hear some of you saying "Durrrrh, I didn't know that (!)" in a sarcastic voice, but not everyone knew that. I've had people asking me how they could save their favourite film photo onto their PC - even though they are in procession of a scanner! (instead they use a digital camera to take pictures of pictures). :eek: :D
However, to convert old 35 mm film negatives as actual normal digital images does require a scanner with a special slot to scan negative films with, those type of scanners do cost more than the average scanner. Unless you're serious about rescuing old film negatives, it's quite an expensive thing to undertake in these difficult and expensive times. :D

Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look at my scanner (HP4600) and see what it can do.

Back