Printer Repair

Name
Kelvyn
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a Canon MP970 which I admit I've had for a few years now but on the weekend one of the nozzles/heads has blocked & there is a line on all prints including any text. I've looked in to getting it repaired & so far I've been quoted £80 + VAT + parts & if they have to return to fit any parts it's another £40 + VAT!:bang:
Now I paid about £220 for the printer at the time but it seems hardly worth getting it repaired as I can pick up a decent multifunction printer for £130.
Does anyone know someone in the Shropshire area or North Devon area that could possibly repair the printer at a reasonable cost as I don't really want to replace the printer.

Many thanks
:help:

get a new one, if the printers getting on you could have it repaired then something else could go.

have you changed carts recently?

I take it you did the head cleans and alignment?

is the line in the same place?

not worth repairing these.

Look on ebay for a head cleaning kit. The "Printhead hospital" ones at £10 are really good and if it works then brilliant. If it doesn't then it's only £10 but you still have the kit for your next printer. I use this kit but bought the larger bottle.

Oh and warm the bottle of cleaning fluid up :)

Last edited:
I am picking up a couple of printers from my dad tomorrow which I will be cleaning the heads on so I'll do a thread about it.

Hi POAH,

The lines are in the same place. I changed the ink cartridge as soon as the lines appeared but no change & no help when I carried out the head cleans & alignment.

The "printhead hospital" looks good & refund if it doesn't work so can't get fairer than that!

Let us know how you get on cowasaki!

Last edited:
Woo hoo

The Lyson CISS arrived yesterday and I've just fitted it. The colours are just as good as Epson's and no wasted ink and paper when a cartridge runs out mid print (you just top up the bottles as and when!)

Will do a full review of it soon. If anyone wants a set of refillable cartridges for a R2400 with some ink let me know :)

If you are experiencing some clogged problems with your Epson printer, you might want to try this quick do it yourself. First, you need these tools: 1-10 cc injector, 1-4” – 5” air line tubing of fish tank. This Epson printer repair guide can be done without any experience, just follow these steps and you will be able to fix this minor printer problems of yours. To start with, print out a nozzle check pattern. You will compare this pattern on the new printouts after cleaning. You will able to find this option by going into the maintenance tab of your printer options. Try to repeat this process 2 to 3 times if you have seen there are changes/improvements with the nozzle check pattern. If the first step does not work the way you wanted it to be then you can use Windex cleaner, it is a very popular window cleaner in the US that is also used to flush the printer head.

:plus1: for Printhead Hospital cleaning kits, resurrected my blocked Canon 9000 head with a kit. As Coasaki said heat the fluid in a jug of water before use.

Also got a new printhead in case of future problems.

Cleaning kit ( Large ) £16

Printhead £127

Bit of a difference. :naughty:

Back