Printing at home

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys,

Are there any *High Quality* printers for home use which will print at just over 30 inches on the longest side? 300 DPI etc. I think an A1 printer is what I am referring to.

Not looked into it before, as I have always suspected that only the PRO printers and shops would be able to get good results at that size.

Any info appreciated,

Gary.

I've never even seen a A2 printer in any shop!!!

Gaz think of the cost of the ink... will you really do that many prints that it would not be better getting them pro done anyway rather than a home "cheap" comprimise?

Your looking at a HP designjet really. A friend of mine has one which he uses to produce banners etc. Not cheap at all. You would have to do a lot of prints to start saving money rather than getting them done elsewhere.

Gary have a word with Woodsy or markp in irc, their mate who comes in there occasionaly (can't remember his name) sells them and really knows his stuff about what's best and large format printing.

most roll printers Gary. Epson, Canon and HP are your men. We have worn through two epsons, the 7500, then the 7600. Currently we use the HP Z3100 which has a built in spectrometer and calibrates the paper for you, Epson has now copied this idea

hello,
30" on the longest side?
if you can live with 17" on the shortest then the A2 or 17" printers are ideal for what you are after, prices are not as bad as some people believe and in terms of ink costing you are looking around half the cost of a desktop a3 (cost per ml that is). there are only really 2 choices on the a2 printers and thats canon or epson. if you want i can always get some info to you on both, also about the various papers that can be run through them.

Back