Printing Images For a Portfolio - Best/Cheapest Online?

Edit My Images
Yes
Printing Images For a Portfolio - Best/Cheapest Online?

I'm wanting to get some pictures printed for my portfolio, around A4 size.

Where's the cheapest place online for good quality Large prints?

I have been using photobox for printing some 8 x10 but have just been pointed in the direction of DSCL as they are about a third of the price and from what I've been told better quality too :)

spunky said:
I have been using PhotoBox for printing some 8 x10 but have just been pointed in the direction of DSCL as they are about a third of the price and from what I've been told better quality too
DSCL are definately better than photobox in my experience.

For a portfolio I'd use Sam's Photolab. The print quality is awesome, and if you ring David and tell him what the images are for I'm sure he'd give them a bit of extra attention.

Last edited:
Hi All

I have heard good things about Photobox, Sam's is new to me though.

Could people suggest a on line service that is good for personnel use, don't really want to spend too much. I have tried Snapfish but the images came back slightly on the yellow/warm side. I could really tell on the snow scenes I had taken.

Cheers

Tim.

Ive not used Sams, so I can't comment on them. But DSCL have always got the prints to me next day, and the quality is good.

the images came back slightly on the yellow/warm side

You might find that if you have not got a calibrated monitor, a default one is very blue and way too dark - so if your prints look dark and yellow you've adjusted to compensate for the screen... It's by far the most common thing we see here...

Well i've decided to wait a bit until i have some more/better pics to build my portfolio with

Hi All

I have heard good things about Photobox, Sam's is new to me though.

Could people suggest a on line service that is good for personnel use, don't really want to spend too much. I have tried Snapfish but the images came back slightly on the yellow/warm side. I could really tell on the snow scenes I had taken.

Cheers

Tim.

I use Photobox for personal use - they don't change the colours like some places do.

Back