Prints to Canvas

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
I know we have done it before but offers change frequently and companies open & close so any good suggestions on where to get a canvas done just now? Thanks.

Am looking for a 24x16 - prices from Snapmad seem very pocket friendly - is the print quality up to scratch? I use DSColour labs for prints but not had a canvas from them, think they are £36 for this size. I don't want to pay the earth but don't want tat either.....................

Ady N said:
Am looking for a 24x16 - prices from Snapmad seem very pocket friendly - is the print quality up to scratch? I use DSColour labs for prints but not had a canvas from them, think they are £36 for this size. I don't want to pay the earth but don't want tat either.....................

problem is canvas is really cheap to buy so even if you pay through the nose for a print the basic cost is probably not much different. you'll want a cotton canvas not poly.

DSCL probably make £25-28 profit on that canvas

Have a look at http://www.oxfordimagecompany.com they come in at £50 for a 24x16 yep I know it's £14 more than the one you've quoted but they are highly regarded here for both quality of print and fantastic customer services.

Have a look in the reviews subforum for a review upon them.

Just ordered a 34 x 28 from procanvas for £96 which is £4 less than DSCL and it's 1.75" frame rather than 1.5" frame.

I'm fed up with crap quality stuff!

Snapmad quality is reasonable for the price you pay. Big - and nice quality IQ but the quality of the structure and wrap is a little lacking (understandably due to the price).

If you want a quick cheapo one for yourself grab it. If not look to the better manufacturers. I use Ultimat and they are superb.

Just ordered one from Procanvas - looking forward to seeing the results - will report back when it gets here.

I've had very good results from CanvasRus and they have good prices. I'm about to try tradecanvasprints who got a very good review in this month's DSLRUser magazine and are cheaper than CanvasRus. A 24x16" comes in at £36.57.

Ive just ordered a 40" x 30" from these guys: http://www.wallcreate.com/index.html

Never used themn before but they seem pretty decent on price, i paid £74 for the above size. Should be here in 3-5 days so will let you know what its like and post up a pic

Canvass arrived today, thats just 2 days after ordering. Looks pretty good, print quality is very good and the framing is good too. In hindsight i probabaly would have opted for the thicker frame but still look bang on mounted on my living room wall.

Ill take a picture later and post it up

Ive used Photobox for poster sized prints and they are spot on with quality ,service and communication, cant comment on canvas though would imagine its similar.

Canvass arrived today, thats just 2 days after ordering. Looks pretty good, print quality is very good and the framing is good too. In hindsight i probabaly would have opted for the thicker frame but still look bang on mounted on my living room wall.

Ill take a picture later and post it up

I would like to see pics of the corner detail and how the canvas is fixed to the frame. ie stapled and if it can be seen

also try fluid images

I always find it hard to use a company that can't even keep their website up to date.

They're still running a Christmas offer! :)

I've had a few canvases printed, from the real cheap internet for friends who can't afford the price of a proper canvas to Ultimat's canvas (in a deep wooden frame).

The cheap was was really cheap and nasty. I wouldn't have it on my wall let alone a customer's. Ultimat is more expensive, particularly for the frame finish I requested, but quality is superb, comes with a non-reflective varnish/seal applied and the colour reproduction is spot on.

I think it's worth being a little more careful with canvases as, unlike prints which can be fully automated, there is some manual labour involved in getting the stretcher frame done, quality of materials used, quality of assembly, etc. The "printing" process is relatively cheap, it's the labour and time you pay for and what can make a difference between a canvas that falls apart over time and one that is very well put together :)

Last edited:
I think it's worth being a little more careful with canvases as, unlike prints which can be fully automated, there is some manual labour involved in getting the stretcher frame done, quality of materials used, quality of assembly, etc. The "printing" process is relatively cheap, it's the labour and time you pay for and what can make a difference between a canvas that falls apart over time and one that is very well put together :)

Hopefully that is what I have paid for and hopefully that is what I will get.............good point on the manual aspect.

Arrived today and as expected - top notch. Print quality, colour rendition, finish, wrap, frame build.
Have a few things coming up that may lead to a canvas conclusion and I will use Procanvas again.

Back