Probably a stupid question......

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
If you are using remote/radio slaves, is it possible to use ANY flash unit as long as you are using them in manual mode. I have seen quite a few good bargains on EBAY, for quite expensive flash unit's, and was wondering if the make and model, made any real difference. None of the flashes will be for studio, mainly for lighting BMX pictures. I know Canon use the ETTL and Nikon the ITTL systems, i wont be relying on these so much. So, does anyone have any answers, or have i just answered myself:LOL::LOL:

If you are using remote triggering and manual settings it should not make any differance as to makes of strobes

As long as you have the right cables, hot shoes you should be able to fire the flash. However some flashes don't fire via radio, not matter what stuff you have. Try and stay away from Centron flashes as I had one and it didn't fire using radio and cables/hot shoes.

You always get what you pay for thou. Cheaper flashes will not have total manual features or be as powerful as some. When picking a flash make sure the GN is high. The higher the better ;)

Hope that helps you out

:)

If you are thinking about budget radio remotes like Cactus to fire the flash units, then the answer is yes, the make and model will make every difference, with trigger voltage being just one important issue.

Have a look at one of my earlier posts on the subject, along with the two replies that I got, which were really handy.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62465

Good luck and come back if I can help further.
Sam-D

Back