Probably going to make an idiot of myself..

I like it as an idea, and it's very nearly there, but the off white vertical perspex is ruining it for me slightly.

You could try bleaching it, or something similar, in PP.

I like it as an idea, and it's very nearly there, but the off white vertical perspex is ruining it for me slightly.

You could try bleaching it, or something similar, in PP.

That was the problem Mark, you over whiten the perspex sheet and you lose the reflection, you get a great reflection in the white and you lose the reflection on the black, you just have to balance it so you can get a reflection on both.

Dave

That was the problem Mark, you over whiten the perspex sheet and you lose the reflection, you get a great reflection in the white and you lose the reflection on the black, you just have to balance it so you can get a reflection on both.

Dave

There's a time and place for HDR, and this could well be one of them! :D

I get the idea but it seems slightly off to the right to me. The brown and white pencils protrude too far into the picture compared to the others.

I like the idea and you've nearly carried out! ... I think to make the shot work as it could, you need the pencils vertical and definitely get the reflections working! ... The whole shot could do with a contrast boost! but I do like the idea and I've not seen it before, so nice try (y) All IMHO of course :)

I like the idea and you've nearly carried out! ... I think to make the shot work as it could, you need the pencils vertical and definitely get the reflections working! ... The whole shot could do with a contrast boost! but I do like the idea and I've not seen it before, so nice try (y) All IMHO of course :)

Thanks Splog, er ..... Lucy...... er..... :)

I like it, yea sure it can be tweaked a bit, but the idea is excellent(y)

I also like the idea but (and I'm fully aware this sounds a bit picky) I think for it to really work you need to be meticulous about the set up. It does lean a bit to the right and as others have pointed out some of the pencils are out of line. I can live we the off white to keep the reflection though.

Back