Problem with SB600 flash - UPDATE think its the camera

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
My flash has started doing some wierd things, the screen started blinking on and off a few weeks ago. It still worked fine on the camera, used to for a wedding all day with no problems. But the other day I tried to use off camera with my D80 in commander mode and it wouldn't fire :bonk:. I've set all menus correct, tried different channels and groups but it still wont work. Anybody came across this before?

You are definitely not alone! Mine's been doing this for months now, ever since I swapped over the re-chargeables.

It still works fine on camera, and remotely with SC-17 cord or Cactus trigger. Can't speak for Commander Mode because I don't have it on my D50.

My dealer said he didn't know what the problem was, but would send it in for repair for me. Just haven't got round to it yet.

Cheers for the responses :). At least I can take comfort in the fact I'm not the only one, cannot remember exactly when I bought it though, might be past the 12 month warranty :bang:

try a new set of batteries or reset the flash and see if that solves it

try a new set of batteries or reset the flash and see if that solves it

Tried that, didn't work, cheers for the suggestion though (y).

Took the flash down to a mates and it looks like its the camera not the flash. His D200 and D70 both fire the flash wirelessly and the SB-800 as commander will fire it on my D80, but the D80 wont fire it wirelessly :bang: Looks like it might have to go back to Nikon.

as a last resort reset the camera to factory and see if it works, if not it could be a camera fault :(

as a last resort reset the camera to factory and see if it works, if not it could be a camera fault :(

Quickly tried that one, think I did it right but no use. Its weird though as the flash on the camera still works :shrug:.

Back