Problems with CS3... :(

Edit My Images
Yes
Now there may be some more qualified person out there than me but i'm totally stumped!! :(

I have both CS3 on my laptop (LT) and desktop (DT), Now the progamme works fine on both, except when I go to save a file as JPEG on the LT. It wont let me... the normally long list of options (.psd, .tiff, etc....) is now only about 6-7 file formats, and JPEG is not there!
Heres the wierd part, if I open a JPEG I can save it as one.... but if I open a TIFF, I cant... Although if I export to web it will save as a JPEG but a HUGE one!. All files are saved on a portable HDD which I exchange files between the LT and DT. The DT is another matter, I can do as I please, save what ever I like as what ever I like! So whats the problem... I'm stumped! (just a point to note, it was working fine untill about the start of the month (rough estimate)

Clawz

:agree: - took me ages to get to grips with this (and you feel so dumb after :))

me too, same problem now sorted. Just need a faster PC it's really slow on my machine.

Ok... sounds familiar.... how do you change it then please?(y)

Image > Mode > select 8bit

Top toolbar............Image.. mode...8 bit if i remember.. as Im at work with no CS3!! :D

Bingo! I was going to say 'nope still not working' but then I noticed a scroll bar on the 'save as' file extension bar.... LOL :confused: :LOL:

Jobs a good-un...! (y) Thanks guys! :clap:

Back