Problems with recording photos in Nikon D7000

Name
Sirish BC
Edit My Images
Yes
I use Nikon D7000 camera and I never have problem with my 8 GB SDHC cards. I had the same problems with SanDisk 16 GB SDHC cards in the past and recently with 128 GB SDXC cards; I had found some of my photographs were not recorded/ saved in those memory cards so I lost my important clicks. I need to go to some really remote places of Himalayas for taking pictures for many days, so I always need memory cards with higher capacities. Is this the problem with my camera hardware/ software or with memory cards or my camera not supporting higher capacity memory cards? Up to which highest capacity of SDXC memory cards can I use in my camera? I have never updated firmware/ software after buying my camera in 2010. Do I need to update them to resolve this problem? Can I do the updates by myself? Sorry for too many questions and thank you so very much in advance for your kind and valuable feedback.

Hi Sirish BC and welcome to the forums :)

What you are experiencing can be caused by using memory cards that have been formatted in a PC instead of in the camera itself. Using higher capacity cards may not be the best option - I haven't checked but there may be a limit to the size of cards that the D7000 can work with. See the link in gramps post above for details.

You won't find the high capacity cards listed as being compatible... they were not available at the time the D700 was made. Some will probably be compatible, others less so... best bet is probably SanDisk/Lexar professional lines. It's also important that you use a USB3 (SDXC compatible) reader/port with these cards.

But I would rather a larger collection of smaller cards... this protects against more significant data loss in the case one card gets corrupted/damaged/lost. The larger cards also tend to be exponentially more expensive...

Last edited:
Hi Sirish BC and welcome to the forums :)

What you are experiencing can be caused by using memory cards that have been formatted in a PC instead of in the camera itself. Using higher capacity cards may not be the best option - I haven't checked but there may be a limit to the size of cards that the D7000 can work with. See the link in gramps post above for details.
Thank you so very much for your valuable feedback :)

You won't find the high capacity cards listed as being compatible... they were not available at the time the D700 was made. Some will probably be compatible, others less so... best bet is probably SanDisk/Lexar professional lines. It's also important that you use a USB3 (SDXC compatible) reader/port with these cards.

But I would rather a larger collection of smaller cards... this protects against more significant data loss in the case one card gets corrupted/damaged/lost. The larger cards also tend to be exponentially more expensive...
Thank you so very much for your valuable feedback :)

Back