Prosen Brig The rapids

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Think Natjag was interested to see what was above the bridge. Nothing that special. One thing I did find though was fresh Otter spraint. Nice to know they are still around as I have not surveyed the river for Otters for a number of years now.
Prosen_Brig_rapids.jpg

I can hear the water!! The light on the shore (on the right as I look) is a good contrast to that on the left. Does it need something in the foreground.....? I don't actually think it does, but that's just MHO.

Well it did! A great lump of rock till I decided that it was just too much. I thought just the water was better but feel free to comment.

Yea, I like this aswell. I think id try to put a grad to darken the bottom right corner. or put another way lift the dark bit in the top left. Also could give a longer exposure on the water. Something for next time maybe. It does look a little soft to me. Was that the water rushing on the tripod?
I think you had some good photos at that location

Yea, I like this aswell. I think id try to put a grad to darken the bottom right corner. or put another way lift the dark bit in the top left. Also could give a longer exposure on the water. Something for next time maybe. It does look a little soft to me. Was that the water rushing on the tripod?
I think you had some good photos at that location

Thanks & I agree with all you say. I didnt "settle" to this shot if you know what I mean.To big a hurry to turn round & get the other one!

I think you've found a good location there, well worth going back to , if it's within easy reach.

It is but I prefer going further up the Glen to nearer where I was raised

Just the right shutter speed on these for me. Any slower and youd have got that milky effect that some strive for and I dont like! :D

Just the right shutter speed on these for me. Any slower and youd have got that milky effect that some strive for and I dont like! :D
True. I am not too keen on that either.

the milky effect can work really well depending on the shot, but i think sawman has got it just right with this! :) good stuff.

Back