Protecting your kit

Name
Darryl
Edit My Images
No
This is not solely related to sport (admins feel free to move if you wish) does anyone have any "asset" sticker recommendations? Something not easy to remove, but similar styles to what these supply:

http://entertainmentlabels.co.uk/equipment-labels/

The hard part with most companies is, they want a minimum order of 500-1000, which simply isn't economical.

TIA.

Asset labelling IMO falls into two levels.

1) you want a good durable label with high tack adhesive and the print needs to be resistant to wear and removal/amendment.

2) all the above plus tamper evident i.e. attempted removal leaves traces of the label that are highly resistant to removal.

Any label manufacturers will always have a minimum quantity order and in my experience this will often be 500 off which for the casual requirements is not viable.

So the best bet might be sheet labels such an Avery one made from hairline metalon polyester with high tack adhesive......... which must be suitable for use in a laser printer and print your own.

I think you can get something like that for approx £20 but that will still be 100's of labels !!!

It's more about recognising kit that is bundled together, oftentimes, but to allay the opportunist.

If it's just a simple name tag type thing you want, that you could cut to size and not be too obtrusive, wouldn't one of those 'cheap and cheerful' hand-held DYMO printers do the job? I use one to label my work kit (not photography related) to stop someone potentially confusing it with their stuff if we're working together. I can choose the font size and put a border round the text to make it look a bit more 'professional'; they also do a couple of different coloured plastic type label ribbons to choose from. I use a white background but I think Yellow is available too. The machine costs less than £20, and if you shop right it should come with both a paper and a plastic type ribbon to print on. Hope this is useful.

I lightly engrave my asset number using a Dremel, the number cross refers to the asset/serial number list I use for depreciation etc.

GC

Sorry if I am missing somehting.. But how is this "protecting" anything as the title suggests?

Sorry if I am missing somehting.. But how is this "protecting" anything as the title suggests?

Primarily the opportunist who picks up a lens chancing that if challenged they claim they thought it was there's. In media rooms, with kit everywhere, it's something I'm conscious of.

Primarily the opportunist who picks up a lens chancing that if challenged they claim they thought it was there's. In media rooms, with kit everywhere, it's something I'm conscious of.

I have lacky bands on mine to seperate from others in case of accidental pickups.. cant see any opportunist thief worrying about labels to be honest :( however it doesn't hurt to do whatever needs doing :)

Back