PS Elements ? Cloth texture on skin

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm a bit stuck on this one.

I intend to take 2 shots, one of the model clothed, and another unclothed, so I'll have two layers to work with.

In the final picture I want the texture of the clothes eg wrinkles buttons, but I want it to look like the skin below.

Any ideas on how to get the texture as an outline, and how to drape the skin over it?

A pointer to anything similar done by others would be ace.

Thanks Rich

could you copy the layer and change the opacity to 60% or something is that what you mean so you can see both skin and clothes?

I think I know what you mean rich. Quite often the mags do articles on scanning leaves and scrunched up paper and using them to give texture to a photo. Migt be worth having a look on the websites of dcmag and digital photo to see if they have anything. If I remember I'll have a look through some magazines tonight. The idea sounds very good, not seen it done with skin before.

Look up displacement maps, it would take too long to explain it here but it's pretty good at overlaying textures etc. Wayne

could you copy the layer and change the opacity to 60% or something is that what you mean so you can see both skin and clothes?

I'd had a fiddle with that, but lost either the skin tone, or the texture of the clothing. I need some way of isolating the contrast of the clothing without it's colour (I think).

If I remember I'll have a look through some magazines tonight.

Kev that'd be great thanks.

Look up displacement maps, it would take too long to explain it here but it's pretty good at overlaying textures etc. Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I've used displacement maps once before, I'd forgotten about them.

Back