PS Plugins - Noise Reduction

R

RobbieW

Hi

I have seen various plugins for photoshop to reduce noise, but can't actually find any today, any recommendations?

Thanks

Rob

John

Would you mind putting up a 'pre' and 'post' image having run it through here?

I'm in the same boat also ...

Lee
Sure thing Lee... here you go...

Before: ISO 1600

neat_image_test-before.jpg

After:

neat_image_test-after.jpg

Incredible...

Is the blue halo a characteristic of noise reduction? Or does it depend on the intensity?

I've often shot at 800 with no need to reduce. However, darkness sets in too early these days and i'm often finding myself at 1600 etc

No idea sorry Lee... but for this example, I allowed Neat Image to select a profile itself (by telling it to find an area to use for itself), and then simply clicked the apply button.

I guess with experience and tweaking, one could remove the blue halo... I couldn't see any halo's around the ones I have with the client presently (these are still in a protected area sorry Lee).

It is good though yeah? Neat Image I mean and not my pic :)

No idea sorry Lee... but for this example, I allowed Neat Image to select a profile itself (by telling it to find an area to use for itself), and then simply clicked the apply button.

I guess with experience and tweaking, one could remove the blue halo... I couldn't see any halo's around the ones I have with the client presently (these are still in a protected area sorry Lee).

It is good though yeah? Neat Image I mean and not my pic :)

The reduction is super yeah. I assume, like all things there are presets and there is manual mode. I'll have a look into this, thanks very much!

Forgive me but....! I thought PS or Elements 4 that I have with plug-in for noise would do the job?

Are we suggesting stand alone noise reduction software is a must!

digipix

No probs digipix - used all the default settings in Neat Image to produce this image. Took all of 20 seconds.

@Lee: you may want to amend the title of this thread so as to include 'with examples' so people know there's demo files in here...?

Forgive me but....! I thought PS or Elements 4 that I have with plug-in for noise would do the job?

Are we suggesting stand alone noise reduction software is a must!

digipix

PS does have a built in NR, however I never find it to personally do enough for me.

It was Rob's thread - I just got involved as it's something i'm interested in also :)

Perhaps Marcel or one of the team could do the honours?

PS does have a built in NR, however I never find it to personally do enough for me.

Thanks for that, may give it a try or as LL said run the trial version before buying full version!

digipix

I use Neat Image and Noiseware 2 excellent programs ;)

CS2 built in noise reduction isn't too bad, a bit clunky, but gets reasonable results.

The best by far is Picturecode's Noise Ninja. A really nice feature of which is being able to install camera specific noise profiles.

Back