Pseudo-tilt shift

Name
Pat
Edit My Images
No
Hello. I would be grateful for any comments on the following. A photograph appeared on social media recently which seems somehow ‘wrong’ to me. The people seem to be too close together. I think pseudo-tilt shift or other technique may have been used. Thankyou for any help.

Some one reported that the shot of all those people at Bournemouth was taken in the past.....you would have to find out when the shot was taken and go from there as you can't believe everything you read\see in the newspapers and I know this for a fact from family experience with the popular tabloids.

Perspective.... this is a function of distance, the further away the perspective becomes compressed giving the impression that the people were closer than they actually are...

On a side note the majority of images of Bournemouth were in fact not recent but have been shown to be from the Bournemouth airshow before the virus, there were still too many there recently though.

Very many thanks for all the replies - I knew that photo did not look 'right'. Now I can see how it might have been done.

Some one reported that the shot of all those people at Bournemouth was taken in the past.....you would have to find out when the shot was taken and go from there as you can't believe everything you read\see in the newspapers and I know this for a fact from family experience with the popular tabloids.

As somebody pointed out in another similar thread, the bottom right photo has a covid banner in the bottom left corner so isn't an old shot posted for sensationalist purposes.

Back