PT-04's work great :D

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got some Jianisi PT-04's from hong kong today, payed £15 inc postage and they took 9 days to get here. Not bad since its over the xmas holiday.

Anyway, I have a play around with them today and they work great. From one end of the kitchen to the other end of the hall (25metres or so) with only 1 missfire.

The only problem I have had is getting into the receiever battery compartment. It just wouldnt open so I had to force it with a screwdriver which broke the plastic pins to hold it in. A bit of black tape and it looks like a used piece of equipment. Almost like ive been in this game for years.

The transmitter fits great on the camera and looks cool too.

Overall, I think this is an absolute must by for off camera flash users. I just which my crappy flash had manial settings so I could take advantage of it.
I will have one soon I hope :)

Been tinkering with getting some of these for a while...for £15 inc I guess you can't go wrong!

Great write up (y)

They are good, but they dont have the strongest signal in the world. In the studio they often misfire whenwe hold the camera at a certain portrait angle. Although that problem has been solved with an extended connection for the reciever (only a few £)

Regards, James

Tried mine for the first time last night with my Vivitar 285HV's on a night tiome cemetary shoot.

For some reason although the red light on the receiver flashed everytime, the flashgun would often not fire.

Dont know if this is the triggers problem or if the batteries I put in my flash were just a bit old. Also I didnt have any new CR2 batteries for the receiver I only had the one that came with it.

Hopefully new batteries will sort it all out, but I was pleased with the shots when the flash actually worked!

Mine only misfire when the batteries are low in the flash, so thats probably your problem.

I have a set of these as well (although branded as something else) and have had very few reliability issues. My old Centon flash would sometimes not fire but since upgrading to the Canon Speedlite 430 EXII I don't think it has failed to fire even once.

I made a couple of mods to my reciver though. The swivelling metal bit that can be attached to a cold shoe or tripod was way too loose for my liking so I superglued it and it is now nice and tight. I wanted to be able to use it in the tiny flash stand that came with my speedlite but found it a wee bit loose. I got some black electricians tape and used a knife blade to ease it in and around the coldshoe connection to bulk it out.

It now works perfectly and has a good grip on the stand. Its a great little set up and for the money you can't complain.

Back