Public Liability Insurance

Hi Phil, if youre going pitch side you will certainally need it, just imagine if a player got tackled into touch and fell on your lens injuring himself and forcing him out of work for a fair amount of time, imagine if he sued you, would you have money to pay his wages for 6 month plus anything the courts awarded him, same applies if you swing your lens round to follow the action and you hit a spectator.

Have you got cover for your equipment, does it cover you for now working semi professionally and away from home

My insurance costs me about £19 a month and provides £10,000 equipment cover new for old and £2,000,000 PLI

Hi Gary,

Tug From Cas Panthers,

Who is your insurance with ?

'Simon Tug Wilson'

Hi Phil, if youre going pitch side you will certainally need it, just imagine if a player got tackled into touch and fell on your lens injuring himself and forcing him out of work for a fair amount of time, imagine if he sued you, would you have money to pay his wages for 6 month plus anything the courts awarded him, same applies if you swing your lens round to follow the action and you hit a spectator.

Have you got cover for your equipment, does it cover you for now working semi professionally and away from home

My insurance costs me about £19 a month and provides £10,000 equipment cover new for old and £2,000,000 PLI

Gary at the moment I don't have any cover for my equipment. Who are you with?
Also does insurance cover you for gear purchased from used, and do you need to provide invoices or sales receipts?

Gary at the moment I don't have any cover for my equipment. Who are you with?
Also does insurance cover you for gear purchased from used, and do you need to provide invoices or sales receipts?

Im currently with E and L, there have been horror stories about them but ive never had any problems, they have been happy to have photos of my gear on record as proof of ownership for used goods, but for new they want receipts.

Any insurance broker should be able to give you a quote for PL.

Just renewed mine with Ashburnham Insurance Services.

For two of us with £2m Public Liability and £2m Product liability

£121 for the year

I'm with Aaduki...they set me back £250 for £5million PL and £20k of equipment used in the UK and Worldwide.

Again, there have been people less than happy with them, but I've never had a problem and that includes extending cover for other activities and equipment.

Should just say that E and L limit PLI to 1 million now for new policy holders so this might not suit, ive been with them 5 years now and never a single problem.

I'm with Aaduki...they set me back £250 for £5million PL and £20k of equipment used in the UK and Worldwide.

same here but not worldwide ... dont know my excat amount as i keep changing it and they add for rest of yr... cost me an extra 70 quid to put the new 400 on :(

PHILIP as your officialy shooting for the club you should be covered by the clubs own PL cover. Club togs dont need there own cover ... You might want to ask the club.

Alot of companies offer decent PLI + kit cover like Gary said. Personally the kit cover is more valuable to me the 5m PLI (which is a requirement for alot of what i shoot).

I've got about 8k of kit covered (and in car) plus 5m PLI for £18 a month. With photoguard (again heavily criticised on here, but i've been happy so far)

Had a player slide in to touch today at a non league ground.....slid straight in to my 300mm 2.8L studs first.

Luckily no injury or damage. I've got 2 million PLI.

Back