Public Transport (AS level work) 2nd attempt

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
OK so this is my second attempt. These are some shots for my AS level course, my theme is public transport contrasting it with black and white backgrounds. Taken with a Nikon D3000 + 18-55mm kit lens.
Taxi
4156717628_65827053e7.jpg

Station
4155949523_74ce0edb29.jpg

With colour
4156714454_775dd5a4f0.jpg

Bus
4156702740_a28059d81b.jpg

'Please alight here.'
4156698236_924613a479.jpg

Train
4156662536_967abd6570.jpg

I have loads more but my wireless was playing up when I was trying to upload them.
Comments and criticism would be appreciated :).

Last edited:
I like the last two. The shots of the bus and station are a bit wonky. Also a taxi is private hire, not public transport.

Thanks guys. Picky is good :), picky helps me get a good grade haha.
Really need to try the onboard train image again but apparently it is illegal to take pictures on trains.

Matthew, I like the ideas. Agree with the others on sorting the finer details.

What I would add is consider how many or few photographs you will have to submit. The smaller the number the more you want to refine your theme. For example, if it was only 4 photos I may go for the interiors of public transport.

However, learning that that's lilegal presents a problem. You live and learn.

"like the last two. The shots of the bus and station are a bit wonky. Also a taxi is private hire, not public transport. "

but as far as i am aware, a member of the public can hire it - therefore it transports members of the public?

As to the Pics:

Taxi is nice but if completely square on would maybe have looked better - like the detail on bringing the colour back.

Prefer the station one in complete B&W - red rails are distracting.

Empty B&W traintrack kind of works as well.

Buses - don;t do it for me either!

Thanks for the comments. I know the bus ones are not that good. I need to try again with them and maybe go for lower angles, but it's hard to get a low angle picture of a bus without the obvious risk of getting run over.

Of the original images the last 2 are worth using as images that work, the others I would use as examples of images that dont work. Of the second set the first image is a cracking shot and IMHO works well, the other rail image again works but is not as strong as the first image. The bus just is a record shot where you have poped the colour. TBH the B&W rail track is the best and if the others didnt have a colour pop would not be considered as they are not strong images. The last images also works as the very minor popping does add as a good lead in.

but as far as i am aware, a member of the public can hire it - therefore it transports members of the public?

Bit like saying a Limo or a Stretched Hummer is public transport. I've always known public transport to be buses and trains.

Anyway, I like the new pics of the tracks(y)

Back