Punctuation in Nature ...

Edit My Images
No
Was supposed to be sorting my home office today having just bought a desk and chair (flatpacks !?!) ... so that I can get down to work proper ...

Just as the storm was brewing ... this little chappie turned up in the garden ... it was quite flighty so it had to be hand-held ...

The Comma (Polygonia c-album) butterfly ...

RLG4127.jpg

And just to prove it ... although this is a terrible (oof) photograph again being handheld but it does the job ...

the Comma marking from which the butterfly takes it name is clearly visible ...

RLG4135.jpg

Hope you like ... ;)

BTB ... eventually finished the 'office' ... ho-hum work tomorrow then ... :eek:

TFL ... :p

the detail in the top image is really good, nicely presented...

If you hold down the alt key and type 0169 on a numeric keyboard you will get the copyright sign © ;)

Marianne said:
the detail in the top image is really good, nicely presented...

If you hold down the alt key and type 0169 on a numeric keyboard you will get the copyright sign © ;)

Thanks for the comments Marianne ... ;)

I have been struggling with that ... and still am ... :thinking:

Not sure why ... but my keyboard is not giving me ascii characters ... or anything with any of the Alt + number combinations ... :bang: ... not had time to investigate to sort yet ...

Thanks for the tip though ... (y) ... will be useful once I eventually find the nub of the problem ... :thinking:

are you using a laptop? they all seem to have a different way of accessing the numeric keyboard...I find the easiest way to get the copyright sign up when I'm using my laptop is to go to start/programmes/accessories/system tools/character map and you can select and copy the symbol from there, hope this helps :)

Marianne said:
are you using a laptop? they all seem to have a different way of accessing the numeric keyboard...I find the easiest way to get the copyright sign up when I'm using my laptop is to go to start/programmes/accessories/system tools/character map and you can select and copy the symbol from there, hope this helps :)

Yes ... a new one at that ! My old one was not a problem on Alt stuff but I am still sorting this one ... :puke:

I will check out your suggestion ... thanks for your assistance M ... (y)

Edit ... sorted that route for © thanks ... (y) ... all I gotta do now is sort my keyboard ...

The top shot is a good shot, and the background colours work really well with the butterfly, but Ewwwww (sorry, I hate them!)

Marianne said:

:notworthy: Oh thank you Marianne :notworthy: I struggled with this for ages and in the end cut and pasted from another application.

Sorry Venomator. Back to your's. #1 is a belter but #2 is not quite sharp and is not restful to look at.

minimeeze said:
The top shot is a good shot, and the background colours work really well with the butterfly, but Ewwwww (sorry, I hate them!)

Thought everyone loved flutterbys Min ... :p

HIMUPNORTH said:
Back to your's. #1 is a belter but #2 is not quite sharp and is not restful to look at.

Thanks HUN ... appreciate the kind words ... the second was only posted to show the Comma marking the butterfly takes its name from ... I couldn't get a sharp one of this pose as it was far too flighty ... :shrug:

first is a scorcher Rog, id be very pleased with it!

Cheers Matty ... (y) ... really would have liked the antennae to have been sharp too ... but DoF needed likely to be off the scale for that ... :LOL:

minimeeze said:

I'm with Cheryl on this one, I can photograph them in a garden but in a butterfly farm I'm a bit of an embarrassment, I went once with some friends and in the end I squealed once too often and they disowned me :eek: :LOL:

Marianne said:
I'm with Cheryl on this one, I can photograph them in a garden but in a butterfly farm I'm a bit of an embarrassment, I went once with some friends and in the end I squealed once too often and they disowned me :eek: :LOL:

Girls ... :shake:

:p

Back